Snapchat Dog Filter Tutorial

Hello Lovelies! Hope you are doing well!
Do you use Snapchat? It is a social media tool where you can share moments from your day which your friends can watch for the next 24 hours and then it expires. I like how the Snapchat content can be spontaneous and fun, but most of all, my favorite part about it is filters! I love how with filters you can become someone else, put a quick makeup on or even puke rainbows! Follow me on snapchat (username delia_bc, snapcode is on this blog's home page), where I do makeup unboxing, extended reviews of products with follow ups, share my tips and tricks, as well as post some glimpses from my everyday life. Since I loved the filters, I decided to collaborate with one of my IpsyOS friends to do a snapchat filter tutorial on my Youtube channel. I picked out one of the most used filters, which is a dog filter to recreate!


Before moving on to actual tutorial, I just want to talk about social media these days. I'd love to hear your opinion about it too.

Social Media has taken over our lives these days. I find it both good and bad. By good, I mean there are so many regular people who are becoming successful and role models to youth by sharing their past experiences, educating on being the best of oneself and teaching others to always have a positive outlook. I notice many teenagers look up to them as their idols and start loving themselves, standing up against bullies and etc. Another good thing about social media is how people with passion to do certain things, like myself, who is obsessed with beauty world, can connect with similar minded people all over the world and share tips and tricks, communicate and network. However, there are always two sides to every story and the negative impact of social media is undeniable. I've seen glorification of unethical and negative things, people being aggressive and inconsiderate, so many cases of cyber-bullying and all of it is just sad. Also there is so much fake and artificial lifestyle portrayed in social media, for which people fall for unfortunately, and become depressed about their life/looks/status. I just want to say, surrounding yourself with negativity and underestimating the blessings you have really affects you. There always have been people who seem to be happier/wealthier/luckier than others in this life, but there are a lot more who has it way worse than you. Also you never know what every person is going through. People are usually go through many inner battles that no one realizes, but them. So let us be grateful, have positive outlook to everything, love our life and use the tools we have for good things. I felt like sharing this message, because nowadays I see how much social media is affecting people.

Now, onto the dog filter tutorial. To my surprise, using darker concealers and powders to create this filter makeup worked even better than I expected. I was sad I didn't have face paints, and had to work with all I had; and to be honest, I'm quite pleased with the way it turned out. At first, I thought about printing or drawing the ear shapes on paper and gluing them on my forehead. Then I said to myself, if there is one time the big forehead could be useful - this is it. So I went ahead and drew the ears on my forehead.


This could be such a great Halloween costume, because it's easy to recreate with minimal products. As I said,  concealers and powders to set is all you'll need! I'm just going to share  the video here, so you can watch as many times as you want. learn and maybe recreate. If you choose to recreate using my techniques, please tag me in any social media or send the photo to me, I'd love to see. 



Wasn't it fun? I had so much fun to create it! By the way, the tongue I used is just a construction paper (pink one) that was made to look like tongue using lipsticks I had on my hands (mostly reds). Easy and fun!

I hope you enjoyed reading this post. Let me know what you'd want me to do next. I'll talk to you next time. Until then, Stay Blessed. xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts