JOUER Fall 2016 Collection: Essential Matte and Shimmer Palette, Slim Cream Liners, etc. - Review/Demo

Hi beauties! How are you doing? Hope your day is filled with positivity and laughter. Let us take a moment and be grateful for what we have at this moment, be it our health, family, friends, roof over our head or food on our table. Sometimes we concentrate on what we want in life and forget to appreciate what we already have. And always remember, universe is like a mirror, it reflects what you put out to it. Thus, let's put only great and positive thoughts out there, and hope only for the best!
Enough for the inspirational intro, let's get to business. Today's post is about Jouer Cosmetics new Fall 2016 collection, which consists of Essential Matte and Shimmer Palette, Highlighters in Citrine, Topaz and Rose Quartz, New Slim creme eyeliners in matte black, matte plum and matte brown. Also, it includes ten new lip creme colors and a new lip topper in Tan lines.
Among all the listed products above from Jouer's fall collection, perhaps the most anticipated and hyped product was their new Essential Matte and Shimmer Palette, which look like this:

Isn't it just gorgeous? It consists of five shimmer shades and seven matte shades. I've seen brand swatches of the palette on different skin tones, which looked amazing, but I decided to put it into test and swatch each color using the brush. I swiped twice on each swatch and the results are:



I was so surprised at how pigmented the shades were, even if they were swatched with brush and no primer. (Btw, if you are wondering how I got those cute heart shapes, that was actually the hardest part of this photo. I cut out heart shapes from tape and then used it to apply my swatches.) I really like the color choices of this palette, it is one of those truly essential palettes for every makeup artist's kit. The colors include both warm and cool tones, as well as right amount of shimmers and all necessary mattes that are perfect for transition color, dark smokey look or neutral and natural looks. Basically, you could carry only this palette and still create whole range of different looks. I can only list two other palettes that get the job done by themselves: Lorac Pro palette and Urban Decay Naked1 Palettes. However, I have to say, Jouer really did an amazing job with this palette, the shades are beautiful, highly pigmented and easily blendable with a minimal fallout. I went ahead and created this beautiful glitter line cut crease using the palette. 


I also involved new Jouer cosmetics Slim creme liners from the collection to create this look. To be exact, I used the shades in matte black and matte brown. Here are the swatches of the liners: 


Liners are really pigmented, glide on smoothly and you can actually get a great color payoff without going over the same spot few times. It has a built in sharpener for more detailed line work, although the pencil itself is automatic. It is long lasting, but I found when not set with eyeshadow the liners tend to come off of the corners of my eyes (I'm talking about waterline, specifically). However, when set with shadow, it doesn't smudge, move and can last the whole day. 

Let me interrupt here and insert the video, where I share my first impressions, thoughts and demonstrate application of the palette, liners and highlighters. I always feel like videos deliver more credible demonstration of the products than photos. Let's see the whole collection live in action.


I hope you enjoyed the video and it was helpful for you. As you've seen from the video, I was truly impressed with new palette and eyeliners. As for the highlighters, I love their pigmentation, how vibrant they are, but the formula was bit dry to my taste. It still looks amazing, you could always wet the brush prior to application to intensify highlight and get rid of powder finish. However, in comparison to my other favorite highlighters I own, these seemed powdery, rather smooth/creamy. On the other hand, the pigmentation of these highlighters was way above some of my favorites that I compared to. Just one swipe of the brush was enough to add intense glow to the entire face. I was very impressed.


As for new lip creme shades, there are 10 new shades in Fall collection with a lip topper in tan lines.  If you want to know my thorough review of Jouer lip cremes, you can read it here.


Here are the swatches of all ten new shades:


And for those of you who like to see each color in action, I made a video of lip swatches too:



Collection comes with a lip topper, which is a gloss specifically formulated to be applied on top of liquid lipsticks, so it doesn't ruin the longevity of the lipstick. Fall 2016 lip topper is in "tan lines" and relatively darker, to add darker effect on any lipstick and turn it into fall. Here is tan lines applied on top of brique:



I hope this will help you to decide if you're thinking about obtaining any products from the new Jouer Collection. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions. I usually answer on my social media outlets very fast, so just connect with me there. I'll talk to you later, until then, Stay Blessed! xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts